Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Always Look for the Silver Lining

This week has been a pretty successful week. To start Thursday Conor and I went to visit the businesses and restaurants in Fells Point to get some face to face interaction with possible donors. This ended up being a huge success for us; pulling in some guarantee yes' for donations and also many of the "maybes" we received we felt were very positive and seemed as if they were going to donate and let us know in the near future. So after this venture down to Fells, I personally say that going down to interact with people is the best way to show your sincerity and really get a feel for what the people are telling you.

Also, along with this after yesterday with the fundraising table in the breezeway seemed like a positive to raise money for the event, even if is only a small dividend every little bit will help us. So looking forward with this table I hope the weather doesn't change what happened for us yesterday and we can have an even better day of sales today and then again tomorrow. I see it only as us making more money because now people know that we are there and I feel have been hearing us when we explain what we are doing. Therefore, people may start to connect with us and want to help us out as best they can.

My cultural documentation on the FMC Plant is coming along and I should have it completed in the next couple of days. Just want to make sure it doesn't follow the same format of data that I gave you for the Energy Answers Inc paper. However, I am having some trouble finding information on the Garrett Park in Brooklyn. The only information I have been coming up with recently is foursquare and information on the town of Garrett Park, not information about the individual park itself.

For the event itself, seeing your concerns for food, beer and how we budgeted it at the beginning of the semester. I can see your concerns, I feel if we push food donations over anything else when we contact restaurants, even if it is something small (like a dozen muffins). These smaller donations can add up to make a decent amount of food; also talking to the restaurants that say they can cater talking to them about catering the event and seeing if there are any discounts or deals they can make for us will also save us money from the budget. As for the working donations page, people have been adding things that they have been receiving from their areas to the google doc. I mean I know it's not as much right now as would be ideal, but as we make second and third contacts with these businesses more should begin to donate. This will be huge in the next two weeks for us, because then it will let me know how hard we need to push the 50/50 raffle if we can't make as many baskets as originally anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment